I hope you all are saving some room on your credit cards to do a little holiday shopping for yourselves because there’s an unholy amount of new Blu-rays heading our way next month! One of the standouts is Bloody Birthday, which comes home on December 18th with a brand new 2K restoration from Arrow Video/MVD Entertainment Group.
This upcoming release is loaded with special features, including two new commentaries (one of which features our own Steve “Uncle Creepy” Barton), an interview with lead actress Lori Lethin, and a video appreciation from renowned genre journalist Chris Alexander. CLICK HERE to pre-order!
The Bad Seed meets Halloween in this deliciously twisted early ’80s slasher directed by Ed Hunt (The Brain) and starring the aforementioned Lori Lethin, KC Martell, Elizabeth Hoy, and Julie Brown. Mixing the killer kid sub-genre with elements of the then-booming slice-and-dice movie, 1981’s Bloody Birthday shocks and appalls with its scenes of young children shooting, strangling, and bludgeoning their way through the local population. They sure don’t (and can’t!) make ’em like this anymore!
Debbie, Curtis, and Steven may seem cute as buttons. But their angelic facade conceals the wicked, murderous streak given to them, having all been born under the same solar eclipse. With the grown-ups around them blissfully unaware of their little darlings’ homicidal tendencies, the evil brats begin to bump off the adults one-by-one. By gun. By arrow. By cake. Bye-bye!
- Brand new audio commentary with director Ed Hunt
- Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues podcast
- Brand new interview with actress Lori Lethin
- Bad Seeds and Body Counts – a brand new video appreciation of Bloody Birthday and the killer kid sub-genre by film journalist Chris Alexander
- Archival interview with producer Max Rosenberg
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Timothy Pittides
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Lee Gambin